Get a Vietnam visa before traveling. Every Polish passport holder must apply for a visa prior to their travel in order to enter Vietnam. Fortunately, getting a Vietnam visa for Polish citizens have been made much easier these days as there are 4 ways for you to get a Vietnam visa if you are a citizen of Poland.
There are many types of electronic visa or online visa. Visa on arrival, visa code at embassy and eVisa* are all e-visa or pre-arranged online visa. The main difference are price, processing time, where to get the visa stamp.
Visa on arrival is the most used and most flexible.
Visa code at embassy is less used and visitor need to follow the embassies guidelines.
eVisa* (since Febr 2017) is only for certain countries. It is easiest, but also most strict. Visitor need to follow the guideline from each border.
You can find the updated information through our order form step 1 & 2. Read more below about each visa type.
1. Getting Vietnam Visa on Arrival:
Visa on arrival is a type of pre-arranged e-visa. Visitor apply online, and get Vietnam visa approval letter and get the visa stamp once landed in Vietnam. It is most flexible. Single and multi entries, different purpose, processing time as last minutes is available, change in arrival airport, can extend visa etc.
Compared to traditional visa at the embassy, this visa type is cheaper and easier. No need to go to the embassy nor post or try to contact the embassy. No need to send in any documents. Visa on arrival is only valid for visitor arriving Vietnam by air. The visa approval letter will be issued from the Immigration department of Vietnam. You an check our order form for different processing time. Even Last minute during week ends, emergency visa as visa on arrival is possible.
To apply for an online Visa on Arrival, you just follow four simple steps.
• Fill the visa application form online and make service payment using credit card through PayPal.
• Receive a visa approval letter on email within a few working days as standard processing time. You are ready to book your tickets and travel.
• On arrival at Vietnam Airport, present the approval letter, your passport, two passport photos of size “4×6 cm” or “2×2 inches” (other formats is also valid), exit and entry form, and visa stamping fee (Check our order form for the price).
• Wait and collect your passport with your visa stamp. You are ready to enter Vietnam.
2. Get Vietnam Visa code a embassy
Visa code at embassy, is also a pre-arranged visa. It is similar to visa on arrival. Instead of getting the visa stamp at en airport, you get Vietnam visa stamp at the pre-chosen embassy. It is less flexible than visa on arrival, but you can still apply for different visa duration and purpose. The con is each local embassy have their own routines and prices. It is advice to wait 2 additional days (after receiving the visa letter) before heading towards the embassy. Local embassy are slow to check their internal emails and post.
Here are the steps:
- You apply online and pay visa processing fee.
- Receive by email the visa approval letter and a copy of the fax sent from the immigration to the embassy.
- Once at the embassy, you present all the documents, visa approval letter, fax copy, passport, passport photos, local visa form, stamping fee (the fee are regulated by each embassy. Unfortunately, no fix price here).
You will get your passport with your visa stamp shortly. You have a visa to travel to Vietnam.
- You don’t need to go back and forth to the embassy
- You know if you will get a visa or not.
- It is already pre-arranged and pre-approved by the immmigration.
- No need to send in documents and wait for a long time
3. Get eVisa* to Vietnam:
Since February 2017, the this e-visa was introduced. Check our order form for updated info about requirements and eligible countries.
Vietnamese evisa* is similar to visa on arrival. Instead of getting the visa stamp at an airport or at the embassy (visa code), you now get the visa stamp directly at the border gate. No more extra fees or hassle. Even visa on arrival has more options and can process faster, this eVisa* is faster than processing direct at the embassy. The cons are listed below.
An electronic visa (E-visa) is one of visa types issued to foreigners by Vietnamese Immigration Department via electronic system. Vietnam E-visa is valid for maximum of 30 days, single entry only.
Outside Vietnam, foreigners who want to enter Vietnam can personally apply for E-visa or through our order form, getting full support and guide from us as priority.
E-visa fee is paid via electronic payment gateway as prescribed by the Immigration Department. The fee will not be refunded if the application is refused. Through our order form, we take the cost. Full refund of your visa payment if your visa is declined. No risk.
Conditions for being granted e-visa:
- Foreigners outside Vietnam
- Can only be used to enter Vietnam, and not while in Vietnam
- Can only be used as tourist
- Need to follow given entry and exit port
- Need to have a travel plan, where to stay in Vietnam
- Holding valid passport (min. 6 months)
- Cannot extend visa while in Vietnam
- Not falling into the cases of suspension from entry prescribed in Article 21 of Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam.
Some other cons are:
- You cannot apply for other than tourist visa
- It is not possible to process as last minute or week ends. Through us, we can process as urgent.
- All travel details need to match. Any change is not allowed.
You can check our order form for updated info.
Check if your nationality is eligible to get can eVisa through our order form.
- E-visa holders in Vietnam may be considered to get new visa if being invited/guaranteed by authority/organization/individual in Vietnam in accordance with Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam.
- Foreigners who entry Vietnam must comply with Vietnamese law.
- Inviting/guaranteeing foreigners in accordance with section 1, Article 16, Law on foreigners’ entry into, exit from, transit through, residence in Vietnam; can be applied through electronic system.
4. Getting the visa direct at the embassy:
If you need visa before travel and you want to have your visa from the embassy of Vietnam in a quicker way, use our “Visa code at Embassy”-service. You apply visa online and get the visa letter of approval and a fax copy on email. Visit the embassy of Vietnam, submit the mandatory documents, pay the visa stamping fee and receive your visa.
If you still wish to apply direct through the embassy, then you need to decide either to apply in person at the embassy or sending in documents by secured mail service to the embassy. It is important that you contact the local embassy and get the updated info and forms. Most forms can be found on the embassy’s homepage.
Fill in the local form. (Cannot use one form from Poland to get a visa in e.g. Cambodia)
Arrange the service and stamping fee to the embassy. In most case, you make the payment through bank wire. Cash can be used, but not recommend. Sending cash is high risk.
Applying in person, you need to be back after 5 or more working days, depends on each local embassy. Embassy loser to Vietnam, process shorter time. E.g. Cambodia is the cheapest and shortest time to process.
Applying by mail, you need to calculate the mail service back and forth, 1-2 days for the embassy to check their mails and post, and then the processing time. The return envelope need to be pre-paid. Recommend mail service are DHL, UPS or Polish mail service. Note: Use secured and private sending. Also the return envelope.
Please contact the embassy before heading towards the embassy or sending in the applications. This is to avoid any delays. To get support direct by the immigration can be a headache and much frustration.
We have long experience in Visa to Vietnam. Let us support and guide you.
*We serve as locals, takes pride in having a good experience in Vietnam’s regulations and culture of travel as well as immigration procedures. To help you – our valuable clients – to have a good start for your journey to Vietnam.